Maintain AtTRACTION

Maintain At Traction. Someone has to start doing it, and I hope to help us all do it. What exactly does this mean? If you don't know, I don't know if I can help you, really. Some basic knowledge is required. It's like bringing a horse to the water, only to realize that the horse can only drink caffeinated soda! Does this make sense? Well, I agree, it doesn't make any sense, but the point is there... I think..

My Photo
Name:
Location: Utah, United States

Tuesday, October 03, 2006

"All Marketers are Liars" - Seth Godin speaks at Google

Pretty good video on marketing. This is some of what I highlighted:

- Create a STORY for your customers
- Don, currently Chairman of the Board, had a brilliant marketing plan for Hallmark's slow season of July. He decided to market collectible Christmas ornaments and using the "permission" capital from customers, Hallmark collected emails for those who wanted to be posted on the following year's collectibles. Come around next year in July, Don sent out emails, and in one 24 hour period made $92 million profit from selling collectible Christmas ornaments!
- "The real growth is going to come from things that work better when my friends get them too and I will selfishly tell my friends to go do it."
-"The best kind of idea viruses - the ones where we just need a tiny group of people, who are alread interested, you don't have to twist their arms."


Seth Godin is the author of six bestsellers, including Permission Marketing and "All Marketers are Liars." Seth was founder and CEO of Yoyodyne, an interactive direct marketing company, which Yahoo! acquired in late 1998. He holds an MBA from Stanford, is a contributing editor to Fast Company magazine, and was called "the Ultimate Entrepreneur for the Information Age" by Business Week.

This video is part of the Authors@Google series.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home