Maintain AtTRACTION

Maintain At Traction. Someone has to start doing it, and I hope to help us all do it. What exactly does this mean? If you don't know, I don't know if I can help you, really. Some basic knowledge is required. It's like bringing a horse to the water, only to realize that the horse can only drink caffeinated soda! Does this make sense? Well, I agree, it doesn't make any sense, but the point is there... I think..

My Photo
Name:
Location: Utah, United States

Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Restaurant Review in Orem Utah - "Date" at PF Chang's

October 3rd, 2006, I went out on a "date." Yes, I go on dates, even on a weekday (Tuesday to be exact), and I don't like to think of it as a date sometimes. Not because of my date, (who by the way is a really cool girl; yes, I'm hetero) but just because I like to have a chill, relaxed atmosphere and mind when it comes to women and friends. As many of you might know, this state of mind is a good basis to have when meeting guys and girls, and is something that most women prefer guys to have, especially initially. Basically, "Keep it Cool" is a great advice for those who'd like to Maintain Attraction.

Ok, on to the "date." We went to P.F. Chang's in the University Mall in Orem, Utah. My Korean friend asked about a curry dish, and our waiter gave some detailed answer, which I don't remember. Of course, I ordered my favorite dish at P.F. Chang's, their lettuce wrap appetizer. That stuff is so good. It reminds me of the Korean "ssam"; the lettuce makes it have a fresh taste and when eaten, it splashes fat water inside the mouth.

Our main dishes finally arrived, but the waiter brought three dishes, one for me and two for my friend. Apparently there was a miscommunication and my friend had asked whether the Coconut-curry came with noodles, or something to that extent, and in the process, ordered two dishes. So we had the coconut curry, and the street noodles, and my Sriracha Shrimp Salad. I loved my salad, though I was a little upset that the waiter brought out the other two. It was mostly because somehow it seemed the waiter was careless or lacked common sense.

So, to the conclusion of this long review. We were about to leave and asked for the check. The waiter ( I think his name was Kamdon) gave us the check and told us that he had told the manager about our situation, and that the manager agreed to write off the coconut curry!!! Wow, that was very nice of them, and now they have made me happy.

From my small experience in helping with my brother's business, BoomYEAH, I have come to realize that customer satisfaction is tremendously important. This is one aspect of Corporate America that Americans should be proud to have! Honestly, from my experiences in Asia and Europe (where even exchanges are difficult to get), though limited they may be, I have not come across a business culture that is so open to satisfying customers as in America. Here is the long-term benefit of this philosophy: It pays to make your customers happy, even if you lose money in the short-term, because a happy customer will do your marketing for you, and will bring additional customers to you. Look at me! I wouldn't have written this review and be so willing to praise (?) P.F. Chang's if I had not been given the courtesy they gave me!

(For more restaurants check out BoomYEAH Yellow Page for Asian Restaurants in Provo and Orem Utah, or check out my own homepage for all of my reviews and recommendations.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home